I think we can all agree that one of the best parts about traveling is finding those hidden gems, those places that aren’t the “touristy” spots or on the “top things to do list” from Trip Advisor. Finding those places that people say “WHERE IS THAT?!”
When doing some research for our quick trip to Asheville, we had plenty of options. From the beautiful Biltmore Estate, the dozens of hiking trails, waterfalls, breweries, the art, there is so much to see! Sometimes when you travel you cram so much in that when you get back home you think, “I need another getaway, a vacation from vacation.” However, we felt complete relaxation and detached from the “busyness” of life with our time at the Shoji Spa Retreat and Lodge.
Away from the hustle and bustle of it all lies the Shoji Spa, a hidden gem up in the mountains only about 15 minutes from downtown Asheville.
We had the privilege to hang out at this spa for a short afternoon, and it was a dream! From the Japanese design, the southern hospitality of the staff, and the picturesque views from your private hot tubs, this place was incredible!
Some things to know before you go:
- There are many options for your spa day! You can choose from a variety of massage packages, or if you’re not looking to spend much money, they even allow you to rent a hot tub by the hour. Included in your private villa hot tub is the arctic shower, sauna, and polar plunge.
- The spa has you shower separately before entering into the tubs, a Japanese tradition.
- The spa provides towels, lockers, robes, slippers, and the best lotions and hair products in the bathrooms!
- Reservations are required
- Clothing is optional in the tubs and private villas, but you must be covered by robe when walking around the spa or in the sauna.
- My personal favorite was that they allow you to bring your own drinks and snacks, with no corkage fee! You can bring beer, wine, or champagne and food into your private villas. We had a blast sitting in the open aired villas sipping our “Not your Momma’s Apple Pie Cider” (thanks North Carolina!) and playing our cards like we always do! 🙂
- This spa is also a small lodge. If you are wanting to stay here, included in your room rate is an hour in a private hot tub villa.
If you are looking for a spa day that feels secluded, in the middle of the forest, where all you can hear is the leaves blowing and all you can smell is the fresh mountain air, then take a look at their spa menu here!
We are SO thankful to Shoji for having us and will return soon!
Stay tuned for more on Asheville! 🙂