Something that I look forward to every year is planning my anniversary trip with my husband. We have done some pretty cool things over the last four years of marriage, especially each year in December to celebrate when we got married! We have swam in cenotes in Mexico, stayed in the Amazon jungle of Ecuador, hiked through Patagonia, and now this past anniversary we spent it in St Lucia!
St Lucia is such a romantic getaway and easy to make a long weekend out of it if you live in the southeastern part of the United States. While in St Lucia we met countless newlyweds celebrating their honeymoon, couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries, and quite a few young families too. Theres something for everyone in St Lucia and it truly is SO beautiful.
If you want a quick getaway, read on about the best way to spend your time for just 3 nights and 4 days in St Lucia!
Stay: Fond Doux Plantation
If you’re planning a honeymoon in St Lucia, then I say just go for it and splurge. There are some incredible villas and some of the most luxurious hotels this side of the world found in St. Lucia. Between Jade Mountain, Hotel Chocolat, and Ladera Resort- you’ll honestly get the royal treatment.
Being that St. Lucia in general is pretty expensive, we chose to be on a little more of a budget for our accommodations this trip. We stayed on a coco plantation in the best location! Fond Doux is within 10 minutes from the famous Sugar Beach, all the other hotels for restaurant options and incredible sunset views of the Pitons. Fond Doux offered a complimentary gourmet breakfast each morning and we really enjoyed the hospitality. We had our own little villa with a private pool and an outdoor shower- we really enjoyed the service and the happy hours at the bar! Included in your stay is a free shuttle to Sugar Beach if you didn’t rent a car and a private tour of their coco plantation. To look into rates and villa options, click here.
St Lucia Must Do List
When traveling to St Lucia, you’ll probably plan your trip either centered around Soufriere or Marigot Bay area. They are a few hours from each other and probably not doable to do both if you’re only there for a weekend like we were. We personally stayed in the Soufriere area for the close proximity to the Pitons and we were really happy with that choice! This list is geared towards the Soufriere area. 🙂
- Sugar Beach- This is a must do in St Lucia. This beach is absolutely stunning surrounded by the pitons and lush jungle. The beach is open to all but the chairs aren’t complimentary unless you’re a Sugar Beach hotel guest. You can rent them but they are pricey! Somewhere around $100 a chair we were told! Just bring your own towel and enjoy!
- Tet Paul Nature Trail– This is a quick and easy hike that is a must do! It has the best views of the pitons and is actually a short walk from the property we were staying at. There is a small entrance fee so bring cash!
- Sulphur Springs Mud Baths– This experience was not only relaxing but also really entertaining. As you sit in these natural volcanic baths, mud is provided for you to paint yourself in! Once you’re all showered off, your skin will feel amazing.
- Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens– The gardens are really beautiful to walk around and in the back you’ll find “Diamond Falls.” Though you can’t swim in this waterfall, its a tropical oasis in these gardens and a beautiful site!
St Lucia Must Eat List
One of the best ways to see and experience all the gorgeous luxurious hotels in the area is to make reservations for lunch or dinner! You can walk around the property and take in the views of each location. All of these restaurants require a reservation btw!
- Boucan by Hotel Chocolate
- Ladera Resort (my personal favorite view of the pitons and a really great lunch menu)
- Jade Mountain- The famous hotel is very exclusive, private, and you will be escorted to and from the shuttle to your table (this place books up fast so make your reservation in advance).
- Stonefield Resort- We found this place to have the best view of the sunset, a happy hour, and the most reasonably priced dinner menu on the island!
- Fond Doux Plantation- This is where we stayed and they had a great happy hour!
St Lucia Tips
- We were really happy that we rented a car. Many of the hotels had shuttles everywhere but we like going at our own pace and found the roads really easy to drive on for the most part.
- Go to Sugar Beach before noon before all the shuttles arrive!
- Always have cash on you
- Make food reservations in advance
- If you’re planning on driving to Jade Mountain, be prepared for some bumps. It isn’t a paved road and it is very narrow! This was the only part of driving we felt was rough!
- Budget accordingly- we found St Lucia to be much more expensive than the other islands we’ve been to!
All in all, St Lucia is picture perfect and such a romantic place for a getaway. I believe it is totally worth the money! If you have any questions on St Lucia- feel free to reach out! Xoxo